Do you have a passion for IT? Are you looking for an opportunity where you will learn every day?
Do you enjoy learning and implementing the latest Microsoft technologies?
If you have answered yes, then our Service Desk Engineer role is the perfect career choice for you.
Service Desk Engineer
As a service desk engineer, you will be responsible for being an escalation point for IT support requests and/or issues. You will be working with a close-knit service desk team and report to the service desk manager. You will also be responsible for implementing improved performance levels on the service desk by researching new ticketing methods, SLA’s, KPI’s, survey tools, documentation, and more.
- Providing second line IT support to clients if a ticket is escalated on the service desk.
- Provide support for colleagues / first line technicians to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Calling out to site if the issue can’t be fixed remotely.
- Carrying out IT support requests onsite.
- Managing ownership of a ticket from start to finish.
- Managing SLA’s and customer expectations.
- Investigating how to improve the service desk within our software packages.
- Investigating new and improved software to increase our service level.
- Working closely with the service desk manager to resolve any tickets that are more difficult whilst also supporting the team on a second line basis.
- A minimum of 24 months of IT service desk experience.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Familiar working with SLA’s & KPI’s.
- Strong ability to communicate.
- Windows 8/10 support.
- Microsoft 365 – Exchange support and the Microsoft Office application suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams etc).
- In Tune and Conditional Access policies.
- Active Directory (Windows Server & Azure).
- Windows Server support.
- Mac support.
- Advanced networking knowledge of firewall, router and switch devices.
- Hyper-V and VMware.
- Independent knowledge of our software tools.
- Ability to offer mentorship to team members.
Why work for MCS?
- Working with an exciting and growing business.
- Opportunity to grow in your role and develop in to another position.
- Joining a like-minded team with a work-hard play-hard mentality.
- Company events and nights out.
- A discounted gym membership.
- 20 days holiday per annum, excluding bank holidays and your birthday off.
- Increased holiday allowance for long service.